Receiving SMS online is a service which is used for accounts confirmation by number. However, in the given case, instead of a SIM card, a remote number performs which user rents for 5-15 minutes. Receiving SMS online is often used for messengers, social networks and trading platforms in order to create many accounts for business purposes. It is difficult to conduct multi-accounting manually, therefore experienced entrepreneurs use the SMS activate API to register accounts massively.
Work with 5sim.net service
5sim.net is one of the leading providers of virtual numbers for receiving SMS. Numbers of more than 180 countries worldwide are available on the platform, which removes geographical restrictions for all users: appears the opportunity to get registered on foreign services which are not available in the client’s country. The cost of virtual numbers starts from 0,016 USD and depends on the country/operator. Purchases on 5sim.net are paid through debit cards, e-wallets and payment systems.
To begin working, get registered on the service through E-mail. Then it remains to replenish the balance and proceed to the number purchase. If it’s quite simple to do this manually, then working via API may arise difficulties, hence let’s consider this part in more details.
Setup 5sim.net via SMS activate API
API is necessary so that the program (for example, for accounts automatic registration on Telegram) could interact with the 5sim.net service. Through API, the software gets the opportunity to take the numbers of the necessary country and operator from the SMS receiving service automatically.
To get API, proceed as follows:
- Go to your 5sim account, click on your E-mail in the upper right corner and select “Get apikey” from the drop-down list;
- Copy API for API1 protocol;
- Click on the E-mail again and select “Settings”. Then specify the default country and operator (if there is no such opportunity in the software);
- In your program for automating actions find the list of available services for receiving SMS and select “SMS-activate” among them;
- Use the previously copied API for API1 protocol.
Important! For API to work correctly, it is necessary to make changes to the hosts file. Detailed instruction is described below.
- Go to “Start” and enter “Explorer Settings” in the search. Open the appearing file and go to the “View” tab. Scroll the list down and find the item “Hidden files and folders” at the end, tick the item “Show hidden files and folders”. Then click “Apply” and close the window;
- Find notepad through the “Start” menu, right-click on it and select “Run as administrator”;
- In the notepad menu select “File”, “Open” and specify the path to the hosts file in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc;
- Add the line 184.108.40.206 domain to notepad (where domain is, there is a need to specify the domain which is used in the software) and press CTRL+S, then close notepad.
This completes the setup via SMS activate API . The program will automatically take numbers according to the necessary parameters through 5sim and register accounts.